My GoPro experience (2016)

(Old draft, but posting in case I want to look back on it one day - update note: my GoPro sank last year when we took our Kayak out. I was going to take a video and had it on a stand which didn't connect to the boat, and then one slip happened - it was like it was slow motion, but the lake we were in was all mossy and I didn't want to sink to save it so yeah, it was quite sad, I let it and the new stand I had just bought sink to the bottom of Rice Lake) 

This summer I found out just how awesome the GoPro camera is, and it became a necessity to my must-have list. As everyone knows, GoPros are a bit pricey. So I began my search on eBay and Amazon, being the cheap woman I am. I found a GoPro Hero 3 White edition for about $185 and bargained for $180, which I thought of as a steal. Once the camera came in, I showed it to my boyfriend. He did not agree with me about it being a steal. He flat out told me that the GoPro Hero white isn't the best, I should have gotten the GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition because of its better quality, or even wait for the new Hero 4 edition, which was said to come out October 2014. But I just couldn't wait. I followed his advice though and sold my GoPro 3 White edition on craigslist. Luckily, I was able to get my money back on it.

I bought the GoPro Hero 3+ Black edition as soon as I could. I was so excited! A week after I got it, I took it on its first trip. Tubing down the Apple River Valley for the Fourth of July. Not a good idea. Somehow water got into the case right away and totally killed the camera. Luckily, since we bought it from the GoPro website, I was able to contact customer service and they said they could look at it and see if they could replace it. Another tip, ship with FedEx instead of UPS is you're looking to save money. FedEx also gives you a track number with your purchase. I shipped the camera out to them as soon as I could. I wasn't aware of the difference and shipped it with UPS. It costed about $45 because I added tracking. Where as, when I used FedEx to send my phone in to get fixed, it costed about $15. A bunch cheaper, and my phone is a more expensive item than the GoPro and they were sent in similar sized boxes.

After shipping it, the weeks of long waiting began. To be exact, about 4 weeks of waiting for the camera to get back into my hands. In between, I did call them a few times and they had wonderful customer service! Though the wait to get on the phone with a representative seemed like forever. They actually have an automated machine that gives you an estimate of how long the wait is, which I thought was pretty awesome. Another thing I found out through my several calls, is that you have to get the right person. Some people have no idea what they are doing, while others have more knowledge. The first guy I talked to had a little bit of an idea of what was happening. The second man I talked to was able to give me a serial number and an estimate of when they would get everything figured out.

Overall, I've had a wonderful experience with my GoPro Hero 3+ Black, and with the GoPro customer service. Thank you GoPro!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

14 Day Hair Challenge by Sarah Tran || Review

Review | Online shops - Zaful and Goodmanity

Materials of 2018 | May